The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Randomosity

Still working on my Banned Books Week display for this year, my student assistant Brittany is going to help me assemble the display this year.  I gave her a list of books to choose from to highlight in the display, can't wait to see which she will pick.  Should have it up soon and will post pictures.  

Follow Banned Books Week on Twitter with the following hashtags:  

Today was also the rain date for Pembroke Day, which got postponed last week.  It is an event with the University and larger town of Pembroke community.  Interest groups, student groups, vendors, academic departments and more set up tables all over the quad and there is music, food, and door prizes.  The library, for the second year, sold hot dogs to benefit the Friends of the Library.  I really don't like going out in the crowd, but I did see that my student group got their table set up and I bought a couple hot dogs for the FOL before retreating back to the peace of my office.  Thankfully, I was on reference for most of it and so had a reason to avoid the chaos.


Reference was per usual today.  Helped someone look up articles in Hispanic American Review and answered some questions about ILLiad requesting.  Also overheard patrons talking - "my sister murried a furrener" - typical for this area.  Le sigh.

No comments: