The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Randomosity

More observations from my weekend at the reference desk.

Worked on my Banned Books Week display despite feeling the plague coming on.

Was provided much entertainment from two ComSci majors who are regular patrons.  I don't know if people realize that librarians will listen in on their conversations.

What would give a patron the idea that adjusting himself while seeing help at the refdesk is a good thing?  Please don't.  Thank you.

Felt so bad for a student today.  Her test in Blackboard is getting ready to time out and the lab tech couldn't help, we can't help - le sigh.

All library computers are in use I think - including laptops. Wonder how many are doing academic work.

Damn it - I hate it when I have to shush. Makes me feel old and uptight, but sheesh people, this is a library not the great outdoors.

Managed to be productive despite the busy day at reference.  Updated patron records, read some professional articles, and helped a patron with APA citations.  SAGA forms were filled out, Blackboard was updated, and I also updated the reserves policy for the library manual.

No comments: