The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Randomosity


Today I had surprise reference duty.  I normally work Tuesday and Thursday mornings, every other Monday night, and the occasional Friday.  Now I have extra Monday and Wednesday shifts thrown in, and hadn't paid attention to that change on the schedule.

It was fairly busy, but I did manage to work on some interlibrary loan issues despite several patrons trying to kill me with their perfume.  How do other librarians handle this?  It literally made me ill to inhale, and you can't get away from it when trapped at the desk.  

Did have a funny though when I read the latest library newsletter.  I support FOL - but "Friends with Benefits? Ummm somebody needs to read the Urban Dictionary. Can't stop laughing.

If only that funny could have carried me through the Town Hall meeting in the afternoon, which was sparsely attended and rather dry.  It's hard for me to pay attention in auditorium seats, I do better at conference tables.

*PS of the day - I don't usually promote products but I have to put in a plug for the Scribble Press app.  My little one loves being able to make and publish her own books.  If you have a child in elementary or middle school - definitely check it out.

No comments: