The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Randomosity

Coffee, student assistant contracts, time sheets for staff, monthly report for Access Services, refdesk, staff members out, and who knows what else - and that is just what was waiting when I walked in the door.  

But wow - finally some news on the budget that pertains to me.  The NC Legislature approved a 1.2% raise for EPA employees.  That means Exempt from the Personnel Act, which is where "non-teaching" faculty, such as myself, are classed.  (Though I dispute the designation non-teaching.)  That is about an extra $40 a month, our first raise in years.  If only the raise kept up with inflation it may have made a difference.  I much more appreciate the five days time off.  And I am grateful that they did something, but when it's been this long one tends to get a bit disgruntled.

Refdesk this am per usual.  I signed up for my fall instruction sessions, my least favorite part of the year.  I really am not a fan of instruction, especially freshman seminar.  I got out of teaching for a reason.  I also monitoring an EDN class turn in assignments for another librarian and helped a graduate student with business research.  My favorite question of the day was in literature research assistance - I always like looking this stuff up.

Other than that I spent the rest of the day finishing up the SACS accreditation reports that should have been done last week...enough said.

No comments: