The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Facebook Customizations

As part of my work with the Library's Social Networking Committee, I've been playing around with FBML to customize our Facebook page. I've managed to add custom tabs for our IM widget, a WorldCat search, and a stream to our Youtube channel and am now ready to tackle adding a new landing page with a customized image look. I've seen some really nice customized pages. Hoping I can do it in Dreamweaver first then add the FBML bits. Once I get this done, it's on to figuring out how to create a search widget for III to use on Facebook. This web page I found very useful as a start - but always on the look out for other sources of sample code.

I'd like to think the following libraries whose pages gave me ideas:

NYPL

Plainfield Public Library

Appleton Public Library

Southfield Public Library

WCPL

Kent District Library
Amplify’d from socialmediaseo.net

Customize Your Facebook Fan Page With FBML

Add Images To Facebook Fan Pages using FBML
1)  Installing the Static FBML App
2)  Working with FBML
3)  Defining Application Settings
4)  Adding Your Image & Custom Naming Your Tab
And that’s it!
Like I said, FBML is the key to really bringing your Facebook Fan Page to life and defining your brand on Facebook.
Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!  As always, feel free to contact me directly with questions.
See more at socialmediaseo.net

No comments: