The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Monday, March 05, 2012

Information Overload


I agree with this author so much. Sometimes the sheer load of information out there and sites to curate is incredibly overwhelming. But for a person that works in an information field, it is not something you can easily turn away from. It would be so great to have some of the tools mentioned in the article so that I could quickly absorb information, and then move on with other things in my life I have to do rather than feel like I am permanently attached to the intergoogles. My favorite mentions in the article that I personally could really benefit from are:
  • A tool to tell me what I missed when I was offline
  • Intelligent calendar to sync with my email, messaging, and social networks to automate scheduling for me
  • Smart email
  • Automation between services
  • "The Siri for everything".

No comments: